Page: 43 from 106
This function helps stabilize images
captured during movie recording. You can
select this menu only in the Movie clip
mode. If the memory card is not inserted,
this function will not operate.
) : Movie clip frame stabilizer function is disabled.
[On] ( ) : Minimises camera shake during movie recording.
Ä The recording frame range becomes narrow when you select this
Movie clip frame stabiliser
Digital Image Stabilization (DIS)
This function helps minimize camera shake
when capturing a still image.
) : Disables the DIS function when capturing a still image.
) : Enables the DIS function when capturing a still image.
Things to watch out for using the DIS function
1. The digital zoom will not operate in the DIS function.
2. If the lighting condition is brighter than fl uorescent lighting condi-
tions, the DIS will not activate.
3. If the lighting condition is darker than in fl uorescent lighting con-
ditions, camera shake warning indicator (
Ã ) will display. For
best results only take pictures in situations where the camera
shake warning indicator (
Ã ) is not displayed.
4. If the subject is moving, the captured image may be blurred.
5. As the DIS uses the camera's digital signal processor, it may
take a little longer for the camera to process and save the