Page: 14 from 150
• Ventilation slots, fans and/or heat sinks are provided with the product for safety, comfort, and
reliable operation. These features might inadvertently become blocked by placing the product on
a bed, sofa, carpet, or other flexible surface. Never block, cover, or disable these features.
• When the ac power adapter is connected to an electrical outlet and your computer, it generates
heat. Do not place the adapter in contact with any part of your body while using it. Never use the
ac power adapter to warm your body. Extended contact with your body, even through clothing,
may cause a skin burn.
For your safety, always follow these basic precautions with your computer:
• Keep the cover closed whenever the computer is plugged in.
• Regularly inspect the outside of the computer for dust accumulation.
• Remove dust from vents and any perforations in the bezel. More frequent cleanings might be
required for computers in dusty or high-traffic areas.
• Do not restrict or block any ventilation openings.
• Do not operate your computer inside furniture, as this might increase the risk of overheating.
• Airflow temperatures into the computer should not exceed 35°C (95°F).
Electrical current safety information
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
• Do not use your computer during a lightning storm.
• Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration
of this product during an electrical storm.
• Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet.
• Connect to properly wired outlets any equipment that will be attached to this product.
• Whenever possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
• Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
• Disconnect the attached power cords, battery, and all the cables before you open the device
covers, unless instructed otherwise in the installation and configuration procedures.
• Do not use your computer until all internal parts enclosures are fastened into place. Never use
the computer when internal parts and circuits are exposed.
Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following procedures when installing, moving,
or opening covers on this product or attached devices.
1. Turn everything OFF.
2. First, attach all cables to devices.
3. Attach signal cables to connectors.
1. Turn everything OFF.
2. First, remove power cords from outlets.
3. Remove signal cables from connectors.