Page: 40 from 68
5. Loosen the screw
, and then remove the latch catch in the direction shown by arrow
6. Carefully remove the bezel in the direction shown by arrow
7. Attach the bezel firmly to a new optical drive/removable battery, and then reinstall the screw to secure
the latch catch.
8. Carefully insert the new optical drive/removable battery.
9. Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac power adapter to the computer and the outlet.
For models not supplied with the spring-loaded latch on the back cover of the computer
To replace the optical drive, do the following:
1. Turn off the computer and then disconnect the ac power adapter and all cables from the computer. Wait
three to five minutes to let the computer cool.
2. Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
3. Remove the screw
4. Gently pull the optical drive / removable battery out