Page: 29 from 68
• The way you use your computer:
– How often you access the hard disk drive.
– How bright you make the computer display.
Using the ac power adapter
When you use ac power, the battery charges automatically.
The ac power adapter that comes with your computer has two basic components:
• The transformer pack that converts ac power for use with the computer.
• The power cord that plugs into the ac outlet and into the transformer pack.
Attention: Using an improper power cord could cause severe damage to the computer.
Connecting the ac power adapter
To connect the ac power adapter, do the following:
1. Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet.
2. Connect the power cord to the transformer pack.
3. Connect the ac power adapter to the ac power connector of the computer.
Tips on using the ac power adapter
Observe the following guidelines when using the ac power adapter:
• When the ac power adapter is not in use, disconnect it from the electrical outlet.
• Do not bind the power cord tightly around the ac power adapter transformer pack when it is connected to
• Before you charge the battery pack, make sure that its temperature is at least 10°C (50°F).
• You can charge the battery when the ac power adapter is connected to the computer and the battery is
installed. Charge it in any of the following conditions:
– When you purchase a new battery
– If the battery meter at the bottom of your display indicates a low battery charge level
– If the battery has not been used for a long time
Maximizing battery life
To maximize battery life, suggest doing the following:
• Avoid battery usage or storage in low temperature or high temperature environment.
• Enable Conservation Mode in Lenovo Settings (software) if you keep your computer plugged in.
• Enable battery stretch mode in Lenovo Settings.
Note: The performance of the computer may compromise when battery stretch mode is enabled.
There are several options that you can choose to conserve power.