Page: 44 from 61
USB 2.0 connectors (3)
LPC debug connector
Clear CMOS jumper
PCI Express X 1 adapter slots (2)
PCI Express X 16 graphics adapter slots (2)
Front audio connector
Attention: Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repair
before reading the “Important safety information” in the Safety and
Warranty Guide that was included with your computer. To obtain copies
of the Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Support Web site at:
Before proceeding with the disassembly procedure, make sure that you do the
1. Turn off the power to the system and all peripherals.
2. Unplug all power and signal cables from the computer.
3. Place the system on a flat, stable surface.
Removing the computer cover
• Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let it cool down
before removing the cover.
• For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on a flat, stable
To remove the computer cover
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.