Page: 31 from 61
Follow these tips when troubleshooting your computer:
• If you added or removed a part before the problem started, review the
installation procedures to ensure that the part is correctly installed.
• If a peripheral device does not work, ensure that the device is properly
• If an error message appears on the screen, write down the exact message.
This message may help support personnel diagnose and fix the problem(s).
• If an error message occurs in a program, see the Help document of this
Troubleshooting Display Problems
Problem: Blank screen or no image is displayed on the monitor.
Troubleshooting and problem resolution:
1. Check to see if the monitor has been turned on; if not, press the Power button.
2. Check to see if the monitor power cord is loose; if so, plug the power cord
securely into the monitor.
3. Check to see if the signal cable to the monitor is securely connected to the
connector on the computer graphics card; if not, shut down the computer
then connect the signal cable of the monitor securely to the connector on the
computer graphics card.
Problem: You need to change the display property settings.
Setting display background and icon properties:
1. Right-click the desktop anywhere except over an icon, then select Personalize
from the pop-up menu.
2. From here, select the appropriate options to:
• Change the desktop background
• Select a screen saver
• Select Windows color options for borders and taskbar
• Select a themes
3. Right-click the desktop anywhere except over an icon, then select Screen
resolution from the pop-up menu to change the appearance.