Page: 45 from 57
Replacing a memory module
Note: For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on a flat, stable
To replace a memory module
1. Remove the computer cover. Refer to “Removing the computer cover”.
2. Locate the memory module connectors. Refer to “Locating components”.
3. Remove the memory module to be replaced by opening the retaining clips as
4. Position the new memory module over the memory connector. Make sure
that the notch on the memory module aligns correctly with the connector
key on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the
connector until the retaining clips close.
5. Reattach the computer cover.