Page: 43 from 57
Removing the computer cover
• Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let it cool down
before removing the cover.
• For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on a flat, stable
To remove the computer cover
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords,
input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the
computer. Refer to “Locating connectors on the rear of the computer”.
4. Remove the two screws that secure the computer cover at the rear of the
5. Slide the computer cover out to remove it.