Page: 57 from 63
4. Install the new hard disk drive as follows:
Line up the new hard disk drive with the bracket and secure it with the pins.
5. Slide the hard disk drive and bracket back into position.
6. Slide the computer cover back into position.
Replacing the keyboard and the mouse
Attention: Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repairs
before reading the “Important safety information” in the Safety and
Warranty Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware
Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the
Safety and Warranty Guide or HMM, go to the Support Web site at:
To replace the keyboard:
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the operating system, and turn off the computer and all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Locate the connector for the keyboard. Refer to “Left and right view” and “Rear
Note: Your mouse will be connected to the USB connector at either side or
the rear of the computer.
4. Disconnect the defective keyboard cable from the computer and connect the
new keyboard cable to the same connector.
* The mouse can be replaced using the same method.