Page: 53 from 63
Replacing the optical drive
Attention: Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let it cool
down before replacing the optical drive.
To remove the optical drive:
Note: It may be helpful to place the computer face-down on a soft flat
surface for this procedure. Lenovo recommends that you use a blanket,
towel, or other soft cloth to protect the screen from scratching or other
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the operating system, and turn off the computer and all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords,
input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the
computer. Refer to “Left and right view” and “Rear view” for help with locating
the various connectors.
4. Remove the computer cover. Refer to “Removing the computer cover”.
5. Push down the pin that locks the optical disk drive to the chassis then use the
screwdriver push the disk out.