Page: 48 from 63
Attention: Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repairs
before reading the “Important safety information” in the Safety and
Warranty Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware
Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the
Safety and Warranty Guide or HMM, go to the Support Web site at:
Note: Use only parts provided by Lenovo.
Before proceeding with the disassembly procedure, make sure that you do the
1. Turn off the power to the system and all peripherals.
2. Unplug all power and signal cables from the computer.
3. Place the system on a flat, stable surface.
Removing the computer cover
Attention: Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let it cool
down before removing the cover.
Note: It may be helpful to place the computer face-down on a soft flat
surface for this procedure. Lenovo recommends that you use a blanket,
towel, or other soft cloth to protect the computer screen from scratching
or other damage.
To remove the computer cover
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives, shut down
the operating system, and turn off the computer and all attached devices.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords,
input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the
computer. Refer to “Left and right view” and “Rear view” for help with locating
the various connectors.