Page: 60 from 108
Chapter 2: BIOS setup
• Only the USB flash disk with FAT 32/16 format and single partition can
support ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3. The device size should be smaller than
• DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS! Doing so
can cause system boot failure!
To update the BIOS using EZ Flash 2:
1. Visit the ASUS website at www.asus.com to download the latest BIOS file for
2. Save the BIOS file to a floppy disk or a USB flash disk, then restart the
The ASUS EZ Flash 2 feature allows you to update the BIOS without having to go
through the long process of booting from a floppy disk and using a DOS-based
utility. The EZ Flash 2 utility is built-in the BIOS chip so it is accessible by pressing
<Alt>.+.<F2> during the Power-On Self Tests (POST).
3. You can launch the EZ Flash 2 by two methods.
(1) Insert the floppy disk / USB flash disk that contains the BIOS file to the
floppy disk drive or the USB port.
Press <Alt>.+.<F2> during POST to display the following.
ASUSTek EZ Flash 2 BIOS ROM Utility V3.21
[Enter] Select or Load [Tab] Switch [V] Drive Info
[Up/Down/Home/End] Move [B] Backup [ESC] Exit
0204 (H:00 B:05)