Page: 33 from 108
In the future, you may need to install expansion cards. The following sub-sections
describe the slots and the expansion cards that they support.
To install an expansion card:
1. Before installing the expansion card, read the documentation that came with
it and make the necessary hardware settings for the card.
2. Remove the system unit cover (if your motherboard is already installed in a
3. Remove the bracket opposite the slot that you intend to use. Keep the screw
for later use.
4. Align the card connector with the slot and press firmly until the card is
completely seated on the slot.
5. Secure the card to the chassis with the screw you removed earlier.
6. Replace the system cover.
Make sure to unplug the power cord before adding or removing expansion
cards. Failure to do so may cause you physical injury and damage motherboard
Configuring an expansion card
After installing the expansion card, configure it by adjusting the software settings.
1. Turn on the system and change the necessary BIOS settings, if any. See
Chapter 2 for information on BIOS setup.
2. Assign an IRQ to the card. Refer to the tables on the next page.
3. Install the software drivers for the expansion card.