Page: 54 from 98
Chapter 2: BIOS setup
The utility returns to the DOS prompt after copying the current BIOS file.
3. Press <Enter> The utility copies the current BIOS file to the floppy disk.
AMI Firmware Update Utility - Version 1.19 (ASUS V2.07(03.11.24BB))
Copyright (C) 2002 American Megatrends, Inc. All rights reserved.
Reading flash ..... done
Write to file...... ok
1. Copy the AFUDOS utility (afudos.exe) from the motherboard support CD to
the bootable floppy disk you created earlier.
2. Boot the system in DOS mode, then at the prompt type:
where the [filename] is any user-assigned filename no more than eight
alphanumeric characters for the main filename and three alphanumeric
characters for the extension name.
Main filename Extension name
2. Copy the AFUDOS utility (afudos.exe) from the motherboard support CD to
the bootable floppy disk you created earlier or a USB flash disk.
3. Boot the system in DOS mode, then at the prompt type:
where [filename] is the latest or the original BIOS file on the bootable floppy
Updating the BIOS file
To update the BIOS file using the AFUDOS utility:
1. Visit the ASUS website (www.asus.com) and download the latest BIOS file for
the motherboard. Save the BIOS file to a bootable floppy disk.
Write the BIOS filename on a piece of paper. You need to type the exact BIOS
filename at the DOS prompt.