Page: 99 from 104
Using the Configuration Panel
Use the configuration panel to change various Express Gate settings.
Click on an icon to open a particular configuration tool. The following tools are
• Date and Time: set current date and time as well as time zone.
• Input Method: choose your preferred input language and method.
• Language and Keyboard: choose your language and keyboard preferences.
• LaunchBar Settings: customize your LaunchBar (where it docks, whether it
• Network: Specify how your computer connects to the Internet. Enable all
the network ports that you may use (LAN1, LAN2, and/or wireless [optional]).
LAN1 and LAN2 refer to the two RJ-45 network ports on your computer.
• The number of the LAN ports may differ from motherboards.
• You can connect the LAN cable to either port, and Express Gate will
automatically use the connected port.
Also specify whether each port uses DHCP (most common) or static IP. For PPPoE
and wireless (optional), set the login credentials (user name, password, SSID,
etc.) as well.
• Environment Settings: This function allows you to clear the Express Gate
settings, as well as any personal information stored by the web browser
(Bookmarks, Cookies, History, etc.). The user data will be reset to the original
After you click Restore System, a confirmation dialog box will open. If you
click “Yes” in the confirmation dialog box, your system will immediately restart
and then re-enter Express Gate to finish clearing the settings. This is also
useful in the rare case where settings might become corrupted.
The first-time Wizard will run again when you enter the Express Gate
environment after clearing its settings.