Page: 96 from 104
Chapter 3: Software support
ASUS Express Gate
ASUS Express Gate is an instant-on environment that gives you quick access to
the Internet. Within a few seconds of powering on your computer, you will be at the
Express Gate menu where you can start the web browser, Skype, or other Express
Installing ASUS Express Gate
• ASUS Express Gate supports installation on SATA HDDs in IDE mode only.
• ASUS Express Gate supports HDDs connected to motherboard chipset-
controlled onboard SATA ports only. All onboard extended SATA ports and
external SATA ports are NOT supported. See chapter 2 for the exact location
of onboard SATA ports.
• ASUS Express Gate supports installation on USB HDDs and Flash drives,
but the software performance may be slower than installed on SATA HDDs.
To install Express Gate on your computer
1. Place the support CD/DVD into the optical drive. The
Drivers installation tab
appears if your computer has enabled Autorun feature.
2. Click the Utilities tab, then click ASUS Express Gate Installer.
3. Select the language for installation
and click OK.
4. The InstallShield Wizard for
Express Gate appears. Click Next