Page: 55 from 104
Installing ASUS Update
To install ASUS Update:
1. Place the Support DVD into the optical drive. The
Drivers menu appears.
2. Click the Utilities tab, then click ASUS Update. See page 3-4 for the
3. The ASUS Update utility is copied to your system.
ASUS Update utility
The ASUS Update is a utility that allows you to manage, save, and update the
motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment. The ASUS Update utility allows you
Save the current BIOS file;
Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet;
Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file;
Update the BIOS directly from the Internet; and
View the BIOS version information.
This utility is available in the support DVD that comes with the motherboard
ASUS Update requires an Internet connection either through a network or an
Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Quit all Windows
applications before you update the BIOS using this utility.
• This function can support devices such as USB flash disk, or floppy disk
FAT 32/16 format and single partition only.
• DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS to prevent
system boot failure!
4. When the correct BIOS file is found, EZ Flash 2 performs the BIOS update
process and automatically reboots the system when done.