Page: 45 from 104
10. ATX power connectors (24-pin EATXPWR, 4-pin ATX12V)
These connectors are for an ATX power supply. The plugs from the power
supply are designed to fit these connectors in only one orientation. Find the
proper orientation and push down firmly until the connectors completely fit.
• We recommend that you use an ATX 12 V Specification 2.0-compliant
power supply unit (PSU) with a minimum of 300 W power rating. This PSU
type has 24-pin and 4-pin power plugs.
• If you intend to use a PSU with 20-pin and 4-pin power plugs, make sure
that the 20-pin power plug can provide at least 15 A on +12 V and that
the PSU has a minimum power rating of 300 W. The system may become
unstable or may not boot up if the power is inadequate.
• Do not forget to connect the 4-pin ATX +12 V power plug; otherwise, the
system will not boot up.
• We recommend that you use a PSU with higher power output when
configuring a system with more power-consuming devices. The system
may become unstable or may not boot up if the power is inadequate.
• If you are uncertain about the minimum power supply requirement for your
system, refer to the Recommended Power Supply Wattage Calculator
aspx?SLanguage=en-us for details.
• You must install a PSU with a higher power rating if you intend to install
M3A78 ATX Power Connector