Page: 36 from 104
Chapter 1: Product introduction
1.10.1 Rear panel connectors
1. PS/2 keyboard port (purple). This port is for a PS/2 keyboard.
2. LPT port. This 25-pin port connects a parallel printer, a scanner, or other
3. LAN (RJ-45) port. This port allows Gigabit connection to a Local Area
Network (LAN) through a network hub.
LAN port LED indications
4. Rear Speaker Out port (black). This port connects the rear speakers in a
4-channel, 6-channel, or 8-channel audio configuration.
5. Center/Subwoofer port (orange). This port connects the center/subwoofer
6. Line In port (light blue). This port connects the tape, CD, CD player, or
other audio sources.
7. Line Out port (lime). This port connects a headphone or a speaker. In
4-channel, 6-channel, and 8-channel configuration, the function of this port
becomes Front Speaker Out.
8. Microphone port (pink). This port connects a microphone.
9. Side Speaker Out port (gray). This port connects the side speakers in an
8-channel audio configuration.
Activity/Link LED Speed LED
10 Mbps connection
ORANGE 100 Mbps connection
BLINKING Data activity GREEN
1 Gbps connection