Page: 40 from 58
• Obtain the AFUDOS utility (afudos.exe) from the bundled support DVD and the latest
BIOS file from the ASUS website at www.asus.com.
• We recommend that you write the BIOS filename on a piece of paper. You will need to
key in the exact BIOS filename at the DOS prompt later.
The AFUDOS utility allows you to update the BIOS file in DOS environment using a bootable
floppy disk. This utility also allows you to copy the current BIOS file that you can use as
backup when the BIOS fails or gets corrupted during the updating process.
At the DOS prompt, key in afudos /i[filename]
where [filename] is the BIOS file in the floppy disk.
Do not shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS to prevent system boot
The utility returns to the DOS prompt after the BIOS updating process is completed.
Reboot the system from the hard disk drive.
Updating the BIOS file
To update the BIOS file using the AFUDOS utility:
Insert the bootable floppy disk into the floppy disk drive to boot the system in DOS
Replace the bootable floppy disk and insert the floppy disk that contains the AFUDOS
utility and the latest BIOS file.
• Ensure that you prepare two floppy disks: the bootable floppy disk and the floppy disk
containing the AFUDOS utility and the latest BIOS file.
• Ensure that the other floppy disk is not write-protected and has enough space to save
both the AFUDOS and BIOS files.
• The succeeding BIOS screens are for reference only. The actual BIOS screen displays
may not be the same as shown.