Page: 27 from 58
Clear RTC RAM (CLRTC)
This jumper allows you to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS. You can
clear the CMOS memory of date, time, and system setup parameters by erasing
the CMOS RTC RAM data. The onboard button cell battery powers the RAM data in
CMOS, which include system setup information such as system passwords.
Except when clearing the RTC RAM, never remove the cap on CLRTC jumper default
position. Removing the cap will cause system boot failure!
M3A78 Clear RTC RAM
To erase the RTC RAM:
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3
for about 5~10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the <Del> key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to reenter
• If the steps above do not help, remove the onboard battery and move the jumper again
to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After clearing the CMOS, reinstall the battery.
• You do not need to clear the RTC when the system hangs due to overclocking.
For system failure due to overclocking, use the CPU Parameter Recall (C.P.R)
feature. Shut down and reboot the system so the BIOS can automatically reset
parameter settings to default values.
Chapter 1: Product introduction