Page: 10 from 32
10 - Basic care and tips for using your computer
• Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
• Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
• Never place objects on top of the computer.
• Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
• Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
• Do not use this product near water.
• Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand or table. If the
product falls, it could be seriously damaged.
• Slots and openings are provided for ventilation to ensure reliable
operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. These
openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should
never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other
similar surface. This product should never be placed near or over a
radiator or heat register, or in a built-in installation unless proper
ventilation is provided.
• Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet
slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts
that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any
kind onto or into the product.
• To avoid damage of internal components and to prevent battery
leakage, do not place the product on a vibrating surface.
• Never use it under sporting, exercising, or any vibrating environment
which will probably cause a short-circuit or damage rotor devices,
HDD, optical drive, and even exposure risk from the lithium battery
• The bottom surface, areas around ventilation openings and AC
adapter may get hot. To avoid injury, ensure they do not come in
contact with your skin or body.
• Your device and its enhancements may contain small parts. Keep
them out of the reach of small children.
• The surface temperature of the base will rise during normal
operation, particularly when plugged in to AC power. Allowing
sustained contact with exposed skin can cause discomfort or burns.