Page: 3 from 28
Information for your safety and
Read these instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all
warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Special notes on LCD monitors
The following are normal with the LCD monitor and do not indicate a problem.
• Due to the nature of the fluorescent light, the screen may flicker during initial
use. Turn off the power switch and then turn it on again to make sure the flicker
• You may find slightly uneven brightness on the screen depending on the desktop
pattern you use.
• The LCD screen has 99.99% or more effective pixels. It may include blemishes of
0.01% or less such as a missing pixel or pixel lit all the time.
• Due to the nature of the LCD screen, an afterimage of the previous screen may
remain after switching the image, when the same image is displayed for hours. In this
case, the screen is recovered slowly by changing the image or turning off the power
switch for a few hours.
Cleaning your monitor
Please carefully follow these guidelines when cleaning the monitor:
• Always unplug the monitor before cleaning.
• Use a soft cloth to wipe the screen and cabinet front and sides.
Connecting/disconnecting the device
Observe the following guidelines when connecting and disconnecting power from the
Make sure the monitor is attached to its base before connecting the power cord to
the AC power outlet.
Make sure both the LCD monitor and the computer are turned off before
connecting any cable or unplugging the power cord.
If the system has multiple sources of power, disconnect power from the system by
unplugging all power cords from the power supplies.