Page: 64 from 96
6. Remove the four screws that secure the optical drive, and then slide it out of the front of the computer.
Figure 16. Removing the optical drive
7. Slide the new optical drive into the optical drive bay from the front of the computer until the four screw
holes in the optical drive align with the corresponding screw holes in the chassis.
Figure 17. Installing the optical drive
8. Install the four screws to secure the optical drive to the chassis.
9. Connect the signal cable and the power cable to the rear of the optical drive.
10. Reinstall the front bezel. See “Replacing the front bezel” on page 49.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the installation or replacement, go to “Completing the parts replacement” on page 63.
Replacing the storage drive
Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the “Read
this first: Important safety information” on page iii.
To replace the storage drive, do the following:
Lenovo S200 User Guide