Page: 9 from 40
In the unlikely event that you notice any of the following conditions, or if you have any safety
concerns with your product, stop using the product and unplug it from the power source and
telecommunication lines until you can speak to the Customer Support Center for further guidance.
• Power cords, plugs, power adapters, extension cords, surge protectors, or power supplies that are
cracked, broken, or damaged.
• Signs of overheating, smoke, sparks, or fire.
• Damage to a battery (such as cracks, dents, or creases), discharge from a battery, or a buildup of foreign
substances on the battery.
• A cracking, hissing or popping sound, or strong odor that comes from the product.
• Signs that liquid has been spilled or an object has fallen onto the computer product, the power cord or
• The computer product, power cord, or power adapter has been exposed to water.
• The product has been dropped or damaged in any way.
• The product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions.
Note: If you notice these conditions with a product (such as an extension cord) that is not manufactured for
or by Lenovo, stop using that product until you can contact the product manufacturer for further instructions,
or until you get a suitable replacement.
Always observe the following precautions to reduce the risk of injury and property damage.
Service and upgrades
Do not attempt to service a product yourself unless instructed to do so by the Customer Support Center or
your documentation. Only use a Service Provider who is approved to repair your particular product.
Note: Some computer parts can be upgraded or replaced by the customer. Upgrades typically are
referred to as options. Replacement parts approved for customer installation are referred to as Customer
Replaceable Units, or CRUs. Lenovo provides documentation with instructions when it is appropriate for
customers to install options or replace CRUs. You must closely follow all instructions when installing or
replacing parts. The Off state of a power indicator does not necessarily mean that voltage levels inside a
product are zero. Before you remove the covers from a product equipped with a power cord, always make
sure that the power is turned off and that the product is unplugged from any power source. If you have
any questions or concerns, contact the Customer Support Center.
Before replacing any CRUs, turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer
cool before opening the cover.
© Copyright Lenovo 2014