Page: 56 from 102
5. If you are using the Headset profile, select Bluetooth Hands-free Audio, and then click Set Default. If
you are using the AV profile, select Stereo Audio, and then click Set Default.
6. Click OK.
Note: Bluetooth is supported only on some computer models.
I have connected an option to my computer, but it does not work
Solution: Refer to the documentation that comes with the option to ensure that you have connected the
Performance and lockup problems
This section provides solutions to performance-related problems of your computer.
Insufficient free hard disk drive space
Solutions: Free up hard disk drive space.
• Clean out your Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items folders from your e-mail application.
• Clean up your C drive.
1. Depending on your Windows version, do one of the following:
– For Windows 7: Click the Start button to open the Start menu, and then click Computer.
– For Windows 8.1: Open File Explorer.
– For Windows 10: Click the Start button to open the Start menu, and then click File Explorer ➙
2. Right-click your C drive and then click Properties.
3. Check the amount of free space, and then click Disk Cleanup.
4. A list of unnecessary file categories is displayed. Select each file category you want to delete,
and then click OK.
• Turn some Windows features off or remove some unnecessary programs.
1. Open Control Panel by doing one of the following:
– For Windows 7: Click the Start button to open the Start menu, and then click Control Panel.
– For Windows 8.1: See “Accessing Control Panel on the Windows 8.1 operating system” on page
– For Windows 10: Right-click the Start button to open the Start context menu, and then click
2. View Control Panel using Large icons or Small icons, and then click Programs and Features.
3. Do one of the following:
– To turn some Windows features off, click Turn Windows features on or off. Follow the
instructions on the screen.
– To remove some unnecessary programs, select the program you want to remove, and then click
Uninstall/Change or Uninstall.
Excessive number of fragmented files
Solution: Use the Windows disk defragmentation or disk optimization feature to clean up the files.
Note: Depending on the volume of the storage drives and amount of data stored on the storage drives, the
disk-defragmentation process might take up to several hours.
ThinkCentre E63z User Guide