Page: 8 from 29
8 - Basic care and tips for using your computer
Read these instructions carefully. Keep this document for future
reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Turning your computer on and off
To turn on the computer, simply press and release the power button.
Please refer to the setup poster for the location of the power button.
Taking care of your computer
Your computer will serve you well if you take care of it.
• Do not expose the computer to direct sunlight. Do not place it near
sources of heat, such as a radiator.
• Do not subject the computer to magnetic fields.
• Do not expose the computer to rain or moisture.
• Do not spill water or any liquid on the computer.
• Do not drop, bump, scratches, twist, hit, shake push, or place heavy
objects on your computer, display, or external devices.
• Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
• Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
• Never place objects on top of the computer.
• Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
• Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
• Where possible, keep all objects at least 15 cm away from the
computer to avoid causing computer damage.
If you cannot power off the computer normally, press and hold the power
button for more than four seconds to shut down the computer. If you turn off
the computer and want to turn it on again, wait at least two seconds before